After the tracklist of Sarkodie’s “No Pressure” album was made available, many music-loving fans are trolling the rapper for featuring a footballer on his album.
Did Sarkodie pay to feature Ryan Giggs, the former footballer of Manchester United, or he recruited a top-notch UK rapper on his album?
Who is Giggs on Sarkodie’s album?
Before we get to know who Giggs the rapper is check out the 15-tracklist of Sarkodie’s “No Pressure Album”
- Vibration(Ft Vic Mensa)
- Round 2(Ft Giggs)
- Coachella(ft Kwesi Arthur)
- Jaara(Ft Medikal)
- Married to the Game(Ft Casper)
- Fireworks(Ft. Wale)
- Whipped(Ft. Darko vibes)
- Deserve my love
- Don’t Cry(Ft. Benerl)
- My Love(Ft. Harmonize)
- No Fugazy
- Non-living thing (Ft. Oxlade)
- I’ll be there (Ft. MOGmusic)
Sarkodie has featured the UKLrapper Giggs on his No Pressure album and they will be doing magic on the track “Round 2.
However, exclusive information reveals that Sarkodie is not so happy with the work Giggs did on the track and is considering not adding it to the album.
Who is Giggs on No Pressure Album?
Giggs is a British rapper and songwriter from Peckham, London. He released his debut studio album Walk in da Park in 2008 and released a follow-up album Let Em Ave It the following year. Giggs released his third studio album When Will It Stop in October 2013.
In 2016, Giggs released his fourth album Landlord, which entered and peaked at number 2 on the UK Albums Chart – becoming the highest-charting album of his career. His mixtape Wamp 2 Dem was released in 2017 and also debuted at No. 2. His latest album ‘Big Bad…’ was released in 2019.
Giggs is also the frontman and founder of the record label and rap collective SN1 (Spare No 1), including Gunna Dee, Joe Grind, Kyze and Tiny Boost.
While sometimes referred to as a grime artist, Giggs has repeatedly stated the music he makes is not grime, but rather falls under the UK rap umbrella.
Discography of Giggs
UK rapper Giggs has 5 studio albums which are:
- Walk in da Park (2008)
- Let Em Ave It (2010)
- When Will It Stop (2013)
- Landlord (2016)
- Big Bad… (2019)
Awards Won by Giggs the Rapper
Awards by UK rapper Giggs include…
- Best Hip Hop Act (UK) – BET Awards 2008
- Best Hip Hop – MOBO Awards 2017
Giggs the Rapper has also featured in movies like Victim and Anuvahood in 20111 and The Essence (2019-2020) a three-part YouTube series.
Did You Know?
- In March 2017, Giggs was featured on two songs from Canadian rapper Drake’s album More Life, “No Long Talk” and “KMT”. “KMT” peaked at No.9 on the UK Singles Chart whilst “No Long Talk” peaked at 17. “KMT” is certified gold in the UK by the BPI and “No Long Talk” is certified silver.
- Giggs collaborator Drake was a surprise headline act at Wireless 2018 in London, filling in for DJ Khaled. Drake would come out right after Giggs’ Wireless set, as they performed KMT for the second time in the UK. They first performed KMT at Reading Festival, where Giggs brought out Drake as a surprise guest.
- Giggs was convicted for possession of a firearm in 2003, and sentenced to two years eight months in prison. In February 2012, police searched a car Giggs was in and found an illegal firearm; Giggs spent six months remanded in custody, despite the driver admitting to owning the gun, as police accused Giggs of being aware of the firearm. Giggs was acquitted on all charges.
- Giggs often experienced venues cancelling events he was scheduled to appear at mere hours before the performance. Giggs was dropped as a support act for Lil Wayne before a 2006 tour without explanation.
- Giggs was raised by Jamaican parents, Giggs was a DJ in Peckham, predominately playing reggae, ragga and bashment. He also had his own radio station called “Spare No One FM”.